How do I get a copy of my police/crime report?

To obtain a copy of a filed police or crime report, you may either call the Records Unit at 805-525-4474, ext. 136, or come to the Police Department front counter at 214 S 10th Street and fill out a records request form. 

When will it be ready for me to pick up?

One of the Records clerks will call you when the report is ready. 

Motor Vehicle Accident Reports

It should be noted Motor Vehicle Accidents report could take up to 4 weeks. This is due to state requirements that a certified accident investigator conducts the report review. With only two supervisors holding this certification delays are common as result of their review requiring additional follow-up before the report is cleared for release.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a copy of my police/crime report?
2. How do I contest a parking ticket?
3. How can I file a restraining order?
4. What is a non-emergency number?
5. How do I go about speaking to or making an appointment to see the Chief?
6. Who do I report graffiti to?
7. Does the Department have a Public Information Officer?
8. I’m thinking about moving to Santa Paula. How can I check for crime activity in the neighborhood I might move to?
9. How can I file a complaint against an officer?
10. How do I get a “Fix-it” ticket signed off?
11. I am thinking about purchasing a car. Can you check if it is stolen?
12. I have prescription drugs I want to get rid of. How can I do that?