9. How do I protest?

If you wish to protest any of the above increases, you must submit a written protest, signed and in writing, by including your name and service address or assessor parcel number to the City Clerk of the City of Santa Paula at 970 Ventura Street, Santa Paula, CA 93060, provided written protests are received prior to the close of the Public Hearing, which will occur when the public testimony on the proposed increases and adjustments is concluded. Any written protest must: (1) state that the identified property owner or tenant (i.e., customer of record) opposes the proposed fee increases to the Solid Waste Collection Rates; (2) provide the location of the identified parcel (by street address or assessor’s parcel number); and (3) include the name and signature of the property owner or tenant submitting the protest.  On the envelope please note:  Attn:  Public Hearing of Solid Waste Rate Changes. A protest letter can be done by any property owner or tenant (i.e., a customer of record) directly responsible for the payment of solid waste collection fees. Only one protest will be counted per identified address/parcel.

Show All Answers

1. 1. Why are my trash rates changing?
2. 2. Is SB1383 a State mandate?
3. 3. When will residents and businesses be required to separate organic waste?
4. 4. When will the new trash rates go into effect?
5. 5. What will my new trash rate be effective October 1, 2022?
6. 6. What new services are residents entitled to?
7. 7. What new services will benefit the community under the new franchise agreement?
8. 8. Can Athens automatically assign or sell off this agreement to another hauler?
9. 9. How do I protest?
10. 10. Is there an opportunity for public comment?
11. 11. What happens if 51% of property owners oppose the Prop 218 process?
12. 12. Why a 25-year agreement? Why not 10 or 15?
13. 13. How will the City ensure high customer service levels?
14. 14. How will the City ensure rates stay relatively low compared to other cities?