Santa Paula, CA - Step into a season of enchantment as the City of Santa Paula unveils a spectacular lineup of festive activities designed to infuse warmth and joy into the winter months for residents. With great anticipation, the City is delighted to reveal its captivating fall and winter program, ensuring a season filled with delightful moments and cherished memories for all.
Santa Claus will make his first appearance at the Chamber of Commerce Holiday Parade, where the “Spirit of the Holidays” will come alive on Saturday, November 25, at 6:30 p.m.! Experience the enchantment as the 52 parade entries fill the streets. Come see Santa Paula High School marching band, dazzling floats, sleek automobiles, majestic equestrians, spirited community groups, and the one and only Santa Claus himself fill the streets with joy and cheer!
Get ready for a month-long extravaganza as the Train Depot transforms into a nightly symphony of dazzling lights paired with enchanting holiday melodies! Running from November 25th until December 25th, the lights shows will occur every 15 minutes starting at dusk. Immerse yourself in the festive magic and join us for an unforgettable experience of cheer and merriment.
This season, the Parks and Recreation department, in conjunction with Dee’s Savory Sweets, will be hosting cupcake decorating classes. The classes will take place on December 4 and December 6th and adult classes are being held December 11th and December 13th. Register online or in person today here.
Keep the holiday spirit going with a Gingerbread Decorating Party on December 6th at 6pm. Join fellow frosting architects for a night full of cookies and holiday cheer. The $40 registration fee includes one adult and two children, one gingerbread decorating kit, and complementary snacks and drinks. You may pre-register by calling (805) 933-4226 ext. 350 or emailing Kherrera@spcity.org.
On December 9th, Parks and Recreation will be holding their annual free pancake breakfast and picture with Santa Claus at the Community Center. The event will be held from 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. with reservations lasting from 9 a.m. -11 a.m. and walk ins from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. You may pre-register by calling (805) 933-4226 ext. 350 or emailing Nunzueta@spcity.org as this event sells out quickly.
North Pole magic is coming to Santa Paula as Santa and his merry Elves are making a pit stop at the Train Depot straight from his jolly workshop. Capture the enchantment with a photo alongside Santa and treat your taste buds to scrumptious holiday delights. Mark your calendar for the festive spectacle on December 15th from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Last but not least, Santa is turning our City streets into a festive runway, and you're invited to be part of the magic! Grab your festive spirit and head outside to wave to Santa as he parades through on December 18, 19, 20, and 21. Stay tuned for the grand reveal of locations and times—it's a surprise sleigh ride you won't want to miss!
In addition to the variety of fun family events being held throughout the City, the Santa Paula Parks and Recreation Department is also offering a variety of classes for residents of all ages throughout the holiday season. These fun activities and classes will all take place at the Santa Paula Community Center:
- Folklorico (ages 7-17): Learn the fundamentals of the Mexican folk dancing tradition, how to keep rhythm and choreography.
- Gymnastics (ages 3-13): Have fun and improve your balance, coordination, agility and flexibility!
- Tae Kwon Do (ages 3-17): Learn the basics of this Korean martial art in the beginner class or practice your skills in the advanced class.
- Archery (ages 12 -17): Learn basic archery skills in this adventurous class sponsored by the Santa Paula Police Activities League.
- Beginning Guitar (12-17): Have fun learning a new instrument and strum away!
- Beginning Piano (12-17): Have fun learning how to play piano, a wonderful talent.
Adult and Senior Classes
- Mat Yoga (ages 55+): Improve your flexibility and posture with traditional yoga exercises.
- Chair Yoga (ages 55+): Strengthen your mind and body with adapted and modified yoga techniques.
- Archery (ages 18+): Learn basic archery skills in this adventurous class sponsored by the Santa Paula Police Activities League.
- Beginning Guitar (18+): Have fun learning a new instrument and strum away!
- Beginning Piano (18+): Have fun learning how to play piano, a wonderful talent.
Residents can register at the Community Center from Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. or through the City’s registration portal. For more information about class times or materials fees, please contact the Parks & Recreation Department by calling (805) 933-4226 ext. 350.
To learn more about the City of Santa Paula’s Parks and Recreation Department events and activities, follow the department on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Read the full bilingual press release...