Online Reporting System

Welcome to the Santa Paula Police Department Online Reporting System. If this is an Emergency, please call 911. 

Using this online police reporting system allows you to submit a police report immediately, and print a copy of the police report for free. You must have a valid and active email account to file an online report. Please confirm the following to find out if online police report filing is right for you:

  • This is not an Emergency?
  • There are No Known suspects or suspect information?
  • This did not occur on a State Freeway?

If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. 

Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.

FILE A POLICE REPORT Opens in new windowREPORTE POLICIAL Opens in new window

Types of Incidents To Report

Using our Online Reporting System you can report the following incidents:

Fraudulent Use of Credit Card Harassing Phone Call (excluding threats of imminent harm)
Hit and Run
Identity Theft
Lost Property
Minor Vehicle Accidents
Vehicle Burglary
Vehicle Tampering
Traffic Complaints

Call to File Your Report

If the incident involves any of the following, you must call (805) 525-4474 to file your report. Due to the nature of these offenses, it is imperative that you speak with a police employee.

Please call 9-1-1 if any of the following incidents are still in progress:

  • Violent Crime (personal assault with great bodily injury, kidnapping, robbery, homicide)
  • Hate Crime or Bias-related incidents
  • Sex-related Crimes (rape or other sexual assaults)
  • Domestic Violence (of any kind)
  • Assault and Battery resulting in serious injuries (to include injuries requiring hospitalization or medical treatment)
  • Traffic Collisions involving injuries, DUIs, or unlicensed drivers (unless all parties have left the scene), or after a hit and run accident when the license plate of the hit and run vehicle is obtained.
  • Stolen Vehicle (theft of a vehicle, trailer, motorcycle, boat, outboard engine, ATV)
  • Lost/Stolen License Plate(s)
  • Firearm Theft / Lost Firearm

Please contact these external Agencies to report these types of crimes/incidents:

  • Employment Development Department (EDD) Fraud - If you think someone is committing fraud against one of the EDD programs, please report it to the EDD directly via their online Fraud Reporting Form.  
  • Mail Theft and Burglary - Please call the United States Postal Inspection Service at (877) 876-2455 or file an online report.

Helpful Tips

Just report to us what you personally saw, or know. Please don’t give opinions or conclusions. If you have any idea who did the crime or there are any witnesses, you will need to speak to an officer.

If you can locate model and serial numbers for your lost or stolen property, we can enter it in the national databases. Please estimate as best you can the fair market value for the property, or the dollar amount of damage done.

We've provided all the allowable choices in the drop-downs and outlines. If it doesn't fit, then you cannot report it online. Certain fields are mandatory entries that require input before we can file the form.

Upon submission of your report you will receive a notification e-mail letting you know your report has been received. We will have one of our supervisors review the submitted report. If all the necessary information is provided, the report will be approved and you will receive a report number via e-mail, along with a link/attachment to the report. If information is missing or your report narrative is incomplete you will be contacted via e-mail and requested to submit additional information.

You are responsible for making sure whatever you report to us, whether by phone, in person, or online is true and correct to the best of your knowledge. Filing a false police report is a crime.

Online Police Reporting Frequently Asked Questions

What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me? 
If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency call 805-525-4474 (24/7 non-emergency dispatch number).

What if this happened in another city? 
If a crime took place outside the City of Santa Paula, please call the police department for that city.

What if this happened on a freeway?
If this took place on a freeway please call the Highway Patrol where the incident occurred.

What is a known suspect? 
A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.

Do you Want to Report a crime Anonymously?  Click the Crime Stoppers Image below.VCCS LogoVentura County Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 reward for information, which leads to the arrest and criminal complaint against the person(s) responsible for this crime.  The caller may remain anonymous.  The call is not recorded.  Call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS (8477) or at